Cedar Eaters is always growing and looking for good employees.
Please submit your resume and we will keep it on file for our next opening.
Click on the plus symbol to see the requirements and responsibilities of each job at Cedar Eaters.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
One (1) to two (2) years of heavy equipment operation preferred or equivalent combinations of field construction mechanical experience and/or equipment maintenance experience.
CDL License a Plus.
General Responsibilities include:
• Operate Environmental Landclearing Equipment (Cedar Eater) as directed in a safe and productive manner.
• Perform inspections, services and check out Company owned equipment ensuring that scheduled maintenance work is performed in a safe and efficient manner.
• Coordinate equipment maintenance work activities per manufacture recommendations and operators manual daily as required.
• Typical Duties and Responsibilities
• Check all fluid levels daily (Oil, Hydraulic, Transfer Case, Coolant, Battery and etc.).
• Check and Clean Air Filters, A/C filters and etc. daily or as conditions warrant.
• Check/Clean Radiator and Oil cooler with Air daily and Pressure wash at least
High school diploma preferred and on the job training required.
• Performs onsite construction duties under direction of immediate supervisor.
• Assists various crafts on a temporary basis.
• Maintains a harmonious relationship with other crewmembers and other disciplines.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Able to operate and maintain a chainsaw
• Follow specific directions.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities Include:
• Uses chainsaw safely to clear brush and trees. Will pull the cut trees and brush to designated area to be mulched. Is able to maintain a chainsaw.
• Must have a valid driver’s license. On occasion will drive Company-owned truck for company use only if has approved MVR.
• Must have own transportation to and from site.
• Performs duties of a “Fire Watch”, constant lookout for fire hazards that may develop from other crafts performing open burning and welding. Person routes personnel around welding areas and has access to knows were to access a fire extinguisher and is able to use one if necessary.
• Knowledge of safety rules and regulations and knowing how he/ she is to comply with them.
• Works with other crewmembers in completing job tasks to maintain the work schedule.
• Performs general clean up around the Project jobsite, including removing trash and debris generated from daily activities.
• Keeps major walkways, construction lay down areas, main thoroughfares open and free of debris.
• On occasion, may lift and carry materials weighing from 50 to 100 pounds.
• Supervises, plans and schedules all the related work activities for assigned crafts within a discipline, per owners direction.
• Coordinate the work activity for assigned crafts and associated subs and suppliers with the entire Project effort.
• Communicates with the Office, providing job information and hand crew/operator time for payroll and billing purposes.
Responsible for one or more of the following trade groups:
• Equipment Operators
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
Four (4) year degree or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related field experience.
Supervision experience and good people skills a must. Must have the ability to clearly communicate and to follow up.
Computer skills a must and the ability to use GPS apps effectively.
Advanced understanding of scheduling, cost control and the ability to control and be able to supervise groups.
Working knowledge of various disciplines, cost control, scheduling, safety regulations, engineered drawings and other documents required.
Has or will obtain a CDL with Hazardous endorsement credentials.